6 Events You Can Only Go To In The North Platte Area This Summer
Let’s face it, it’s summer and that means creating the best summer memories yet. Whether you want to enjoy the gorgeous sun with your friends and family, show off your car and cruise around all night, or spectate prestigious pageants, you can find it all right here. Make Summer 2021 one for the books and check out these six things you can only do in the North Platte area this summer.
- Miss Nebraska Scholarship Pageant – This pageant and scholarship program is a not-for-profit organization that helps young women achieve professional and personal goals.
The Miss Nebraska Competition begins June 10-12 for a total of three glamorous, spectacular, and intense nights. Watch in awe during the preliminary nights, browse around the silent auction during intermission, and hold your breath during the final night as Miss Nebraska 2021 is crowned!
- The Heritage Festival – This celebration of North Platte’s history is held at the Lincoln County Historical Museum.
From June 11-13 there will be various events and things to do including a petting zoo, beard contest, cowboy fast draw, dog show, tractor parade, hot dog eating contest, and much more. There’s something to peak everyone’s interest at North Platte’s Heritage Festival.
- Miss Rodeo Nebraska Pageant – This pageant and competition is judged based on agriculture knowledge, horsemanship, speech, written test, interview, personality, and appearance.
The Miss Rodeo Nebraska Pageant is held June 13-16. This four-day pageant includes a horsemanship competition, speech competition, style show, and the coronation of the new Miss Rodeo Nebraska!
- NEBRASKAland DAYS – The state of Nebraska’s official celebration.
This year, NEBRASKAland DAYS lasts from June 16-26. For unforgettable ten days, you will be able to attend concerts, rodeos, pageants, a parade, a carnival, art shows, road runs, and so much more. What better ways to spend your summer days?
- Fourth of July Rodeo in Sutherland – This year marks the rodeo’s 81st anniversary.
Saddle up on July 2 – 4 for the Fourth of July Celebration in Sutherland. You won’t want to pass up the opportunity to witness events including bareback bronc riding, bull riding, cowgirl’s barrel racing, cowgirl’s breakaway roping, saddle bronc riding, steer wrestling, and team roping. All the components for a great rodeo. Plus kids games, community BBQ, parade, street dance and new this year – micro wrestling!
- Platte River Cruise, Food and Brew – This is the ultimate dream for car buffs, enthusiasts, and admirers.
You may have heard of Kearney’s Cruise Night. Well, now Cruise Night is coming to North Platte on July 9 & 10. This is an experience for the whole family. Showcase your pride and joy at this car lover’s event. Compete in categories like most engine horse power, loudest car, and so much more. Cruise around and show off what you got. Not to forget, there will also be kids jumps, games, food, and craft vendors for the other prides and joys in your life.
~About the Author: Lisa van Donk is a longtime North Platte resident and has completed her second year at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln, majoring in Advertising and Public Relations with a minor in English. She previously served as an intern at the North Platte/Lincoln County Visitors Bureau.