Conroy’s Grave is located on private land and is no longer open to the public.
A hostile party of Sioux Indians attacked A. Conroy and his son as they were putting up hay east of Fort McPherson. The Indians killed the father and the rake team. The boy fell backwards into the hay filled teeth of the rake and he hid successfully all day. After sunset he escaped to Fort McPherson. In 1962, the Brady Lions Club marked Conroy’s grave. Conroy’s Grave is located on Ft. McPherson Road, which is part of the original 1913 alignment of the Lincoln Highway, just west of the road going south out of Brady, Banner Road. It is about a quarter mile south on a dirt track.